Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015 Ambition

I had time to reflect before the New Year rang in what exactly it is that I want to accomplish this year. The biggest thing about "resolutions" is that we tend to make ones that aren't realistic. We tend to do long term ones, and when we can't or don't meet those goals we become discouraged and simply give up. I think that if we make small realistic short term goals we could do everything we planned for the year. This year will be my second year in college. I am a majoring in Nursing. I have wanted to do something my whole life that would help people. My biggest struggle in school is procrastination. Being a mom of 4, as well as a full-time student has it's challenges. I would put off studying or assignments until the day before they were due leading me to be frustrated. This year I plan to keep on top of all  my assignments, and stop waiting till the last minute to finish it. Another goal of mine this year is to make more time for my family. I hardly get to see them, because everyone is always so busy. This year I want to start planning fun family activities or get togethers. Family is super important and I think it is important to make time for them. My last goal for this year is to start taking care of myself health wise. I have always yo-yo'd with my weight, and my portion control hasn't always been the best. This year I have decided I was going to start becoming more active, eating healthy, and find a network of people who have the same goals. I think that in order to stay motivated you need people to motivate you.

So, this is my 2015 Ambition. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment